Linda McLaughlin | Office & Marketing Manager
One Day Never Looks Like Another
Continuing with our celebration of Women in Construction Week 2018 meet Linda McLaughlin the Office & Marketing Manager at Kensington Glass Arts. Linda has been with KGa for the last 6 years. Linda took some time to tell us about her roles at KGa and provides some great advice to women who hope to break into the world of construction.
1. What does a day in the life of an Office & Marketing Manager for KGa look like?
One day never looks like another, and, most of the time, that is what I like best about my position.
2. Why did you choose a career in construction?
I didn’t choose Construction, but when the opportunity was available to work with a Construction company, I knew I would like working for a GC.
3. How many women work in your department?
4. What do you love about working at Kensington Glass Arts?
Two things: 1. The people, we have awesome employees and; 2. the pride of working for a company that consistently completes amazing projects.
5. What advice do you have for women who want to get started with a career in construction?
Do it! Opportunities for women in this industry have really advanced. Mostly with roles like Project Management, Estimating, etc. Opportunities in the field are not as available, but I have seen the beginning of a shift in that as well. Look at us, last year we were around ten women, this year we have eighteen, which is almost double in just one year.